Updated: 10 May 2018
WHAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
You can contact us through links on the Fordway website for various reasons, including to ask questions, ask for details on data that we hold on you, information about our products and services, sign-up for events or demonstrations or provide comment or suggestion. You may also request that a Fordway representative contact you to discuss information further.
In order to fulfil your enquiry we may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
The information you provide
By providing information through this website, or in support of the services Fordway provide, you are providing your consent for us to use and process any Personally Identifiable Information you submit.
You are entitled to request access to information that we hold about you and to require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this privacy statement.
Should you make a request, we will:
- Give you description of the data
- Tell you why we are holding the data
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to
- Provide you with a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with information you require over the telephone.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We use the information you supply to respond to your request, understand your needs in order provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send email where relevant about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time-to-time under the following circumstances:
You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant or court order).
The information is provided to service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you visit the Fordway website, our computers automatically collect statistics about your visit . We may monitor how many people visit the website, the website user’ information including IP addresses, web pages visited, which domains our visitors originate from and which operating systems and internet browsers people use. This information is used by use to help improve the content, performance and compatibility of our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can read more about our cookies here
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CUSTOMER USER DATA
If your organisation is a Fordway Customer, then we will hold additional information that your organisation supplies about you that is necessary for administrative purposes and conducting agreed contractual arrangements. This information will be used for the following reasons:
- Fulfil contractual agreements
- To manage and administer the services Fordway provides for your organisation
- Contact you when required with notifications and alerts about the services and products Fordway provide that is relevant to your organisation
- Provide user support
- To survey your opinions on the services we provide for customer satisfaction research and service improvement purposes.
In these circumstances your organisation remains the Data Controller, who determines the purpose and manner of which your personal data is processed and Fordway will act as a Data Processor who processes your data on behalf of your organisation. Please raise any questions you have regarding the contracted terms with the Data Controller for your organisation.
We may also use your details to contact you phone or email:
- In support of the services we provide
- To periodically send email regarding new products, services and events pertinent to your relationship with Fordway.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Fordway use Hubspot for Data Processing purposes through our subscription as mentioned above. We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties unless we are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.