Fordway is recruiting for a Network Engineer, to provide operational and technical support to Fordway and its customers.
Hours of work
37 hours per week. 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday. 09:00 – 17:30 with an hour for lunch
- Assist with scoping of technical aspects for Fordway Service Operations
- Creation and updating of documentation for Service Operations deliverables where appropriate
- Creation and presentation of written or oral Operational information as required
- Working closely with the Service Desk, provision of technical support to Fordway internal systems, Managed Services and customer transformation projects relating to the Service Operations environment
- Responsibility for the Networking Monthly ISO 27001 checks following a published process.
- Ensuring all network configurations within our Fordway Managed Service Environment are backed up as per the Service Operations process.
- Monitor, identify and highlight the health and status of all networking components relating to the Service Operations environment including any underperformance issues within the infrastructure.
- Ensuring compliance to the Fordway Service Management procedures
- Following of applicable process and procedures for the Service Operations environment and wider Fordway environment.
- Supporting the Fordway 24/7/365 escalation team by providing cover for networking. (rota based)
- Attendance of the Fordway Change Management meetings when required
- On-site attendance at customer sites when required
- Attendance at Fordway offices where required
- Conformance to Fordway staff handbook, all policies and all procedures
- Conformance to the Service Operations Manual
- Assist in root cause analysis relating to the Operations environment.
- Assistance on security risk treatment and technical security controls relating to the Service Operations environment
- Supervising and assisting visitors to our data centres including pen-testers as required.
- At least one Cisco or Networking certification
- 2 years+ experience in an Operations role for a client facing commercial organisation
- ITIL qualified
- 2 years+ experience in an Operations role for a client-facing commercial organisation
- Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, storage, security and monitoring.
- Windows Server
Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach
- Sound documentation and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic team player to learn new technologies and self-motivated
- Good report generation and statistical analysis experience
- Solid practice in ITIL environment processes
- Logical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with proven analytical abilities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.