Fordway is recruiting for a Service Operations Consultant, to provide operational and technical support, plus consultancy expertise to Fordway’s customers. To support and develop the Fordway Service Operations function in line with the Service Operations Team Leader, and to run the services from our data centres at maximum efficiency.
- Working closely with the Team Leader, coordinating the technical requirements of Service Operations with other teams and Fordway’s customers when required.
- Scoping of technical aspects of Fordway Service Operations.
- Creation of standards for design, implementation and configuration of customer and Fordway solutions.
- Comprehensive creation and updating of documentation for all deliverables.
- Presentation of reports including proposals.
- Manage escalations from the Service Desk, provision of technical support to Fordway internal systems, Managed Services and customer transformation projects.
- Design, plan and implement installations, removals of services from Fordway Datacentres.
- Supporting Fordway in technical pre-sales activities.
- Monitoring the health and status of all components relating to Service Operations.
- Ensure compliance of the Change Control procedures.
- Definition and promotion of applicable process and procedures for the Service Operations environment.
- Provide support for the on-call team by providing cover (rota based).
- Attendance of the Fordway Change Management meetings when required.
- Carry out Fordway Disaster Recovery and Fordway Managed Services Disaster Recovery if required.
- On-site attendance at customer sites when required.
- Attendance at Fordway offices or customer sites where required.
- Conformance to Fordway staff handbook, all policies and all procedures.
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the performance, service resilience and cost effectiveness of the Service Operations environment.
- Participation of the Fordway personal appraisal process.
- Reporting of any known security threats, vulnerabilities and breaches in accordance to Fordway security policies.
- Providing root cause and forensic analysis of security breaches in a confidential manner relating to the Service Operations environment if required.
- Providing advice and recommendations on security risk treatment and technical security controls relating to the Service Operations environment.
- At least one Certification or Qualification from Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, Juniper, VMware
- ITIL qualified
- 5 years+ experience in technical consultancy or Service Operations role in a client facing commercial organisation.
- Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, storage, security and monitoring.
- Excellent Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server 2012, 2016
- Proven System Centre skills; (SCCM, SCVMM).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services/Group Policy/DNS.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Security best practice awareness (ISO quality standards).
- Knowledge of Service Desk systems.
- Technical design and testing plan creation.
- Monitoring solutions experience.
- Hands-On Networking Cisco routing & switching and ASA.
- Public Cloud (Azure/AWS).
- Commvault, Swivel 2FA, Load Balancing, Sophos UTM.
- Hands-On Juniper experience
- Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment.
- Solarwinds NPM/SAM/IPAM/NCM/Netflow.
- Dell Compellent Storage Systems.
- Skype for Business.
Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach.
- Sound documentation and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic Team player to learn new technologies and is self-motivated.
- Good Report generation and statistical analysis experience.
- Solid practice in ITIL environment processes.
- Personal management skills with the ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Logical troubleshooting and problem solving skills with proven analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.