Fordway Solutions is seeking to appoint a Service Operations Consultant to provide operational and technical support to Fordway and its Customers.
- Maintenance, administration and operation of Fordway’s Managed Service infrastructure.
- Resolve technical escalations from the Service Desk.
- Monitoring the health and status of all Managed Service components.
- Carrying out changes in accordance with Fordway’s change control policy.
- Part of an on-call team providing 24/7/365 support
- Attendance of the Fordway Change Management meetings when required.
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the performance, service resilience and cost effectiveness of the Service Operations environment.
- Identification and reporting of all security threats, vulnerabilities and breaches in accordance with Fordway security policies.
- Providing root cause analysis of major incidents.
- Attendance at Fordway datacenters or customer sites when required.
Essential: At least one Certifications or Qualification from Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, Juniper, VMware etc
Desirable: ITIL Qualified
- 2 years+ experience in a Service Operations role in a client facing commercial organisation.
- Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, storage, security and monitoring.
- Monitoring solutions experience.
- Public Cloud (Azure/AWS).
- Windows Server
- Solarwinds NPM/IPAM/NCM/Netflow.
- Proven System Centre skills; (SCOM, SCSM, SCCM)
- Skype for Business.
Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach.
- Sound documentation and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic Team player to learn new technologies and is self-motivated.
- Good Report generation and statistical analysis experience.
- Solid practice in ITIL environment processes.
- Personal management skills with the ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Logical troubleshooting and problem solving skills with proven analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Direct reports: None
Security Screening: It is a requirement of employment with Fordway that employees pass a security screening to Baseline Personnel Security Standard.