An exciting opportunity has opened for a dual-based role acting as a 2nd Line Support Engineer and Assistant Team Leader of a Service Desk, comprising 12 engineers. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to focus their career path on team leadership and management.
The successful candidate will have a 70/30 split with 70% of their time focused on 2nd line responsibilities providing an escalation point for 1st line engineers and assistance with major incidents. They will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical users.
The remaining 30% will focus on queue management, ensuring all tickets are updated at regular intervals and progressed through to resolution, meeting our contractual SLAs. When the Service Desk Team Leader is unavailable, the successful candidate will act as Team Leader and will be the primary source of contact for engineers on the Service Desk, customers and other internal departments.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.30
- Escalation for 1st line engineers
- Stand in leader in the absence of the Service Desk Team Leader
- Telephone overflow during periods of high demand
- Updating, progressing and closing 1st line tickets, meeting strict SLAs
- Managing personal queue, ensuring all tickets are progressed and updated at regular intervals
- Identifying potential security incidents or major incidents with a wide scope of impact
- Producing documentation and knowledge-based articles where required
- Providing end-user support via remote technologies and telephone support
- Team queue management
- Flexibility to attend some of our many customers sites around the country and provide on-site support
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems (Windows 7/10)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office applications
- Experience administrating Office 365
- Experience imaging laptops
- Experience with hardware fault diagnosis
- Active Directory Users and Computers administration
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Exposure to Windows Server 2008 R2-2016
- Experience with proxy technologies (Forcepoint/Mimecast)
- Understanding of basic networking principles (TCP/IP etc)
- Understanding of ITIL operations module (Incident management, request fulfilment and problem management)
- Understanding of ISO 27001 principles
- Understanding of GDPR principles
- Microsoft MCSA/MSCE certified
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- A team player with high level of self-motivation
- Proven ability to thrive in a busy working environment
- Deadline orientated with the ability to multitask and problem solve
- Previous experience of working in a managed service environment
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Flexible on working hours and locations
- Full driving licence (and own vehicle)
It is a requirement of employment with Fordway that employees pass a security screening to Baseline Personnel Security Standard. SC clearance may also be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.