The ideal candidate will have exposure to being in technical consultancy role, ideally in a client facing commercial organisation. Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation, networking, authentication and security. Significant experience of all aspects of complex physical and virtual networking infrastructure in a multi-tenanted environment. Hands on, proactive approach to consultancy and support assistance. Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. Technical design and testing plan creation experience.
- Must have worked in complex environments using Cisco and Juniper Infrastructure
- Routing and switching (Nexus/EX Series)
- Firewall (5585/SRX series) with clustering
- Defining and planning technical strategy, standards, and future services roadmap.
In-depth knowledge of the following:
- Cisco (IOS, XE, XR, and NX-OS)
- Junos OS
- Deploying and maintaining WAN networks
- Managing WAN providers and installations
- Datacentre interconnects
- IP telephony deployments
- Authentication methods including 2FA, AD, RADIUS and certificate-based authentication
- Security best practice awareness and investigation (including penetration testing method and network hardening, IPS /IDS, IPSEC and SSL VPNs)
- Load balancing
- Network monitoring experience (Netflow/captures)
- Microsoft and VMware virtualisation stack
- Software Defined Networking
- Experience in a commercial IT Solutions Provider or Managed Services environment
- Public Cloud Azure\AWS
- ISO, G-Cloud, HSCN and PSN standards
- Cyber Essentials Plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.