As a member of the IT Security team, you will maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Fordway and its’ customers’ information and information systems. This will primarily achieved through the identification and response to security events identified on even monitoring systems.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, worked during the core hours of 08.00 – 18.00. 7.5 hours per day with one hour for lunch
- Carrying out security operational tasks to retain Fordway’s technical security, including the identification and management of external threats including notification alerts from various sources including vendors and national security units
- Identifying, validating and responding to security events, service requests and incidents logged in the Service Desk, as a point of operational escalation
- Act as a mentor for other team members and be a lead advocate for IT Security.
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the security and performance of its infrastructure / services
- Drafting and managing processes and procedures relating to Security and Operations
- Creating and operating vulnerability scans on internal and external environments
- Devising, managing, and being responsible for the remediation of vulnerabilities identified. Liaising with key contacts to manage client expectations and ensure risks are managed effectively
- Providing root cause and forensic analysis of security breaches in a confidential manner relating to the Service Operations and Service Support environments and report findings as part of the post-incident review
- Ensuring that all documentation and reports are delivered to Fordway standards and compliance.
- Relevant IT based degree (or equivalent).
- Professional IT qualification such as ITIL, MCSE, CCNA
- Information / Technical Security qualifications such as SSCP, CISSP, CISM etc.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve security events.
- Good level of knowledge in IT and networking fundamentals, for example; Operating Systems, Directory services, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network; phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement
- Experience of working in an operational IT Services environment
- Knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Foundational understanding for Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms
- Experience in operating and administering various security tools, e.g. vulnerability scanners (Nessus / Tenable), SIEM Tools (SourceFire / Solarwinds) and logging / auditing tools (SCCM / SecureWorks).
- Public / Private Cloud Services (etc. Azure/AWS)
- Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment
- 5 years’ experience working in a Security Operations Centre
Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn and self-motivated
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong interest in IT security
- Ability to generate reports and present key security metrics
- Ability to identify and recommend operational improvements
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of Government security frameworks (PSN, DSP Toolkit, G-Cloud etc)
It is a requirement of employment with Fordway that employees pass a security screening to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or SC clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.