As a member of the IT Security team, you will maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Fordway and its’ customers’ information and information systems. This will be achieved through the delivery of security improvements, providing consultant to external and internal clients and providing mentoring and guidance to other Fordway staff.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, worked during the core hours of 08.00 – 18.00. 7.5 hours per day with one hour for lunch
- Ensuring all documentation and reports are delivered in line with Fordway standards and compliance
- Drafting and managing processes and procedures relating to Security and Operations
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the security and performance if its infrastructure/services
- Providing security guidance and mentoring to colleagues and junior team members
- Assisting the Security Operations team as a point of technical escalation
- Providing security consultancy to customers in accordance with best-practice and aligning with industry frameworks (NIST, Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS & ISO 27001)
- Assisting the IT Security Operations Manager in defining and implementing the Security Strategy and roadmap
- Providing specialist security expertise in pre-sales engagements and contributing to tender responses
- Relevant IT based degree (or equivalent).
- Professional IT qualification such as ITIL, MCSE, CCNA
- Information / Technical Security qualifications such as SSCP, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT/Information Security
- Deep knowledge of IT and networking fundamentals, for example; operating systems, Directory services, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP etc.
- Strong experience in implementing, operating and supporting IT security tools (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-malware, SIEM and analytics tools
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems and how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Experience in security architecture, design and implementation and conducting risk assessments of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, storage, security and monitoring
- Foundational understanding of Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms
- Demonstrable ability to delivery security programmes, initiatives and technologies
- Experience in a commercial IT solutions provider or Managed Services environment
- Knowledge of public / private cloud services such as Azure / AWS (both implementation and architecture design) (dedicated and multi-tenant environments)
Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn and self-motivated
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and manage customers
- In-depth knowledge of security and data privacy laws (GDPR, DPA 2018, etc)
- Ability to scope penetration tests, interpret test reports, development and implement remediation plans.
- Ability to generate reports and present key security metrics
- Ability to identify and recommend operational improvements
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of Government security frameworks (PSN, DSP Toolkit, G-Cloud etc)
It is a requirement of employment with Fordway that employees pass a security screening to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or SC clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.