Fordway’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) enables customers to securely host business critical applications and services and build Windows OS virtual private datacentres in a secure and trusted environment. Fordway IaaS is delivered from Fordway’s highly resilient, dynamic platform hosted in TIA Tier 3 Plus UK datacentres. Fordway’s underlying cloud platform is built to meet the demands of today’s multi-tenanted environments whilst ensuring performance and security is paramount, and is owned, managed and supported by Fordway. Fordway’s IaaS service can integrate Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and other public cloud services giving customers the widest possible choice, enabling them to benefit from a fully hybrid, infinitely scalable ecosystem.
Storage and compute is delivered by our state-of-the-art infrastructure, ensuring quality of service at all times with resource isolation that safeguards one tenant’s activities from another’s. Fordway’s fully resilient virtualisation layer delivers processing power that scales with you as your business grows while the storage tier offers guaranteed, self-optimising performance when required.
Fordway Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is offered in 3 versions; Standard, Premium and SecurePlus.
- Fordway IaaS Standard – offers everything an organisation would need to host web facing and private servers with a range of chargeable options to increase capability. Instances are available as Standalone or Resilient.
- Fordway IaaS Premium – is a complete Windows or Linux server Platform as a Service. It includes the operating system, monitoring, patching and a dedicated firewalls as standard and is accessible over the Internet or through private network links.
- Fordway IaaS SecurePlus – is for customers requiring additional security controls to meet OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE for Internet facing workloads and hosts connectivity to the UK Public Services Network (PSN), NHS N3 and private network connections. Secure Plus provides a range of additional security and compliance controls and reporting.
Infrastructure as a Service – Version Comparison
Included: feature included in service
Optional: feature available at additional cost identified
|Fordway IaaS Service Feature||Standard||Premium||Secure Plus|
|Base availability monitoring||Included||Included||Included|
|VPN administrator access (1)||Included||Included||Included|
|Multi-factor authentication (1)||Included||Included||Included|
|Online service availability||Included||Included||Included|
|Online service incident logging||Included||Included||Included|
|Dedicated virtual firewall context (2)||Optional||Included||Included|
|Fordway DaaS integration||Optional||Included||Included|
|Windows Server OS patching||Optional||Included||Included|
|Windows OS Included||Included||Included|
|Windows Server Anti-Virus||Included||Included|
|Meets PGA to OFFICIAL (IL2)||Included||Included|
|Shared forward proxy service (3)||Included||Included|
|Unmetered Internet access (4)||Included||Included|
|OS level monitoring||Included||Included|
|Monthly service report||Included||Included|
|Proactive incident management (5)||Included||Included|
|Private WAN connectivity (6)||Included||Included|
|Server instance load balancing||Included||Included|
|Linux OS patching||Optional||Optional||Included|
|Intrusion detection service||Included|
|Security compliance reporting||Included|
|Dedicated layer 2 firewall (7)||Included|
|Meets OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE (IL3)||Included|
|Intrusion prevention service||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Dedicated proxy for environment||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Separate data backup (8)||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Application specific monitoring||Optional||Optional|
|High Availability instances||Optional||Optional|
|Fordway IDAMS integration||Optional||Optional|
|Scheduled service reviews (8)||Optional||Optional|
|Assigned Service Manager (9)||Optional||Optional|
|UK PSN connectivity||Optional|
|NHS N3 connectivity||Optional|
- A maximum of 2 administrator VPN accounts with MFA enabled per 10 servers
- Additional dedicated virtual firewalls are chargeable
- This a standard forward proxy with no content inspection or additional features
- Subject to Fordway’s fair use policy
- This is provided 7.00am to 7.00pm weekdays through Fordway’s Service Desk
- Excludes WAN provider installation and circuit costs
- This is provided through Fordway backup and Recovery as a Service (BRaaS)
- This is provided using Fordway Cloud Service Management which is in Lot 4 for G-Cloud
All elements of Infrastructure as a Service are certified to ISO27001 and Fordway hold Cyber Essentials and are in the final stages of Cyber Essentials Plus certification. Data is managed to ISO27001 procedures. For Public Sector customers Fordway IaaS is Pan Government Accredited to hold and process information up to and including OFFICIAL. Fordway IaaS Secure Plus offers additional controls to meet OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE and is undergoing PSN Service Provider (PSNSP) and NHS N3 certification. PSN and Internet connectivity is resilient across Fordway’s datacentres.