Fordway Backup and Service Continuity (BSC) is actually ‘Peace of Mind as a Service’; your IT Operations team can sleep soundly and concentrate on improving IT services rather than fire-fighting.
Fordway BSC provides a complete Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery (DR) service to any organisation, irrespective of size, status and complexity. The service allows organisations to divest themselves of the never ending headache of whether systems have backed up or if any restore or recovery from a disaster would be successful. It also fixes the fluctuating resources and costs associated with this critical function and hands this onerous task to experts in this field. Fordway’s BSC replaces these with a fixed cost per TB of protected data per month with limitless capacity, secured off site in UK located Tier 3 Plus datacentres – no need to purchase another piece of backup hardware again.
The key characteristics of Fordway’s BSC service are:
- Fully managed backup and restore – Fordway staff manage your entire backup and data restoration process. Customers receive monthly operational and capacity reports, no further involvement is required.
- Disaster Recovery – Fordway BSC includes the automated off-site storage of a second copy of the data and server information, which is held for DR purposes. This can be replicated back to the primary customer site for installation onto servers in the event of a disaster.
- Hosted Disaster Recovery – this optional additional element allows for virtual servers backed up using Fordway BSC to be bought on-line at one of Fordway’s Data Centres if a disaster is invoked, and run until the customer environment is recovered. These servers can then be accessed remotely via our VPN service; a streamed DR desktop service can also be included in the service.
Key Benefits of Fordway Backup and Service Continuity
- No more investment required in backup hardware and software!
- Fully managed service which Fordway run on your behalf
- Customer portal for backup management, scheduling and data restoration
- Trained, certified and experienced technical staff manage the entire process
- Uses best of current technology to minimise backup widows and maximise efficiency
- Guaranteed secure backup of systems and data to ISO27001 procedures, secured to Cyber Essentials PLUS and Pan Government Accredited datacentres to host OFFICIAL data
- Additional Controls in place to secure data to OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE
- Backup over Internet VPN, PSN , NHS N3/HSCN or private MPLS networks
- Off-site storage and management of secondary copy for Disaster Recovery
- Known fixed cost (per TB) which scales in line with your organisation
- Data restoration and Disaster Recovery to a defined SLA
- Continuous monitoring and proactive alerting on all key components
- Regular reporting on service status and core metrics
- Service delivered from UK Based TIA Tier 3 PLUS datacentres
For more information about Fordway Cloud Backup and Service Continuity or any of Fordway’s Managed Cloud Services, please contact us. Public Sector clients can order IaaS and other Fordway Cloud services through the G-Cloud Framework, please go to http://gcloud.civilservice.gov.uk/cloudstore/, search on Fordway and browse the catalogue.