Fordway succeeds through the skills, integrity and hard work of its staff.
Fordway has a strong team spirit and customer focused culture and we encourage all employees to contribute.
If you feel you have the desire and can-do attitude we’re looking for, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you feel you are suitable and why you’d like to join our team. Please reference the role you are interested in.
No agencies please.
Business Development Executive
Fordway is looking for a Business Development Executive to join its Sales and Marketing Team, to prospect and generate new business opportunities. To manage small value orders and transactional sales, interact with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. This role provides the opportunity, for the right person, to fast track into an IT sales position or account management role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Strong desire to work in technology sales
- Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills
- Focus on providing customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Organised, approachable and helpful
Competive salary + excellent benefits
Business Field Sales Executive
Fordway is looking for a New Business Field Sales Executive with a proven track sales record in Managed Cloud Services, IT infrastructure projects and IT consultancy services, to sell its products and services within the local government sector.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 3 years’ field sales experience within the IT industry
- Previous experience of the local government sector, including responsibility for responding to formal tenders
- Have a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales target in end-user sales
- Work in a new business capacity, developing new customers from previous relationships or from prospecting
- Successfully articulate to customers the advantages of adopting cloud services, IT transformation projects and/or professional services engagements
- Recommend appropriate technological alternatives/process/resource improvements to the customer/customer’s IT management
- Provide high-level specialised technical insight and consultation to customers’ business and IT management teams
Competitive salary + car allowance + commission scheme + excellent benefits
Service Desk Analyst
Fordway is recruiting for Service Desk Analysts, to register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate solution to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible.
- Logging and managing incidents and service requests raised by telephone, email and the customer self-service portal. Capturing all details in the Service Desk tool set
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are resolved or updated within the SLA’s
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems associated with software and hardware for both local and remote customer environments
- Managing PC setup and deployment
- Deploying and troubleshooting AV
- Managing AD Group Policies
- Managing Web and email filtering solutions
- Following up with users to ensure issues have been adequately resolved
- Following documented procedures and utilising centralised tools to load images to computers
- Documenting speciality installations for the team when encountered and proposing new procedures for improving work flow
- Developing effective technical documentation for end users as well as for technical installation documentation for team members
- Updating knowledge base
- Daily system checks, backup and system checks
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors when necessary
- Troubleshooting Start-up Issues, Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues
- Configuring performance options
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Use Remote Desktop / Assistance
- Troubleshooting Security Issues, Internet Explorer and Content Access Issues
- Troubleshooting enterprise logon issues e.g. hardware vs. network; password expiration
- Troubleshooting enterprise network connectivity issues. e.g. determining scope of issue; determining whether it’s a PC, server or a network connectivity issue; TCP/IP; hardware and cabling; proxies; default gateway
- Troubleshooting enterprise names resolution issues and enterprise network printer issues
- Previous Service Desk experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience supporting laptops, desktops and mobile devices
- Experience with Windows Server Operating systems
- Account administration in Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 and Office365
- Must be practised in PC and printer set-up & maintenance
- Active Directory administration
- WAN/LAN experience
- Familiarity with: taking backups
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge on Microsoft endpoint antivirus protection
- Knowledge of remote access tools like WebEx and SCCM remote control.
- Confidence to pursue necessary investigations and apply theories to ensure integrity of data and systems.
- Planning and self-organisation ability, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and meet required deadlines
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Service Operations Consultant
Fordway is recruiting for a Service Operations Consultant, to provide operational and technical support, plus consultancy expertise to Fordway’s customers.
- Working closely with the Team Leader, coordinating the technical requirements of Service Operations with other teams and Fordway’s customers when required.
- Scoping of technical aspects of Fordway Service Operations.
- Assisting in the creation of standards for design, implementation and configuration of customer and Fordway solutions within the Service Operations arena.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and configuration of Fordway internal systems where applicable to the Service Operations environment.
- Comprehensive creation and updating of documentation for all Service Operations deliverables.
- Presentation of written or oral reports including proposal creation centered on the Service Operations function.
- Escalations from the Service Desk, provision of technical support to Fordway internal systems, Managed Services and customer transformation projects relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Design, plan and implement installations and removal of hardware and services from Fordway Datacentres.
- Supporting Fordway in technical pre-sales activities relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Monitoring the health and status of all components relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Managing and ensuring compliance of the Change Control procedures relating to the relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Definition and promotion of applicable process and procedures for the Service Operations environment.
- Supporting the on-call team by providing 24/7/365 cover for the Service Operations environment (rota based).
- Attendance of the Fordway Change Management meetings when required.
- Fordway Disaster Recovery and Fordway Managed Services Disaster Recovery implementer.
- On-site attendance at customer sites when required.
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the performance, service resilience and cost effectiveness of the Service Operations environment.
- Identification and reporting of all security threats, vulnerabilities and breaches in accordance to Fordway security policies for the Service Operations function.
- Providing root cause and forensic analysis of security breaches in a confidential manner relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Providing advice and recommendations on security risk treatment and technical security controls relating to the Service Operations environment.
Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of information security relating to the Service Operations environment.
Note to Recruitment Agencies:
Please do not submit CVs to any person or email address at Fordway Solutions unless you have a signed agreement from our recruitment team.
Note to Individuals:
Any unsolicited CVs sent to us by individuals will be deemed as an application for employment and will be considered as such.
CVs may be forwarded to our recruitment team for their attention. Please note they may be kept for a maximum period of six months, in case a suitable vacancy arises.