Fordway succeeds through the skills, integrity and hard work of its staff.
Fordway has a strong team spirit and customer focused culture and we encourage all employees to contribute.
If you feel you have the desire and can-do attitude we’re looking for, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you feel you are suitable and why you’d like to join our team. Please reference the role you are interested in.
No agencies please.
Business Field Sales Executive
Fordway is looking for a New Business Field Sales Executive with a proven track sales record in Managed Cloud Services, IT infrastructure projects and IT consultancy services, to sell its products and services within the local government sector.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 3 years’ field sales experience within the IT industry
- Previous experience of the local government sector, including responsibility for responding to formal tenders
- Have a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales target in end-user sales
- Work in a new business capacity, developing new customers from previous relationships or from prospecting
- Successfully articulate to customers the advantages of adopting cloud services, IT transformation projects and/or professional services engagements
- Recommend appropriate technological alternatives/process/resource improvements to the customer/customer’s IT management
- Provide high-level specialised technical insight and consultation to customers’ business and IT management teams
Competitive salary + car allowance + commission scheme + excellent benefits
Service Operations Consultant
Fordway is recruiting for a Service Operations Consultant, to provide operational and technical support, plus consultancy expertise to Fordway’s customers.
- Working closely with the Team Leader, coordinating the technical requirements of Service Operations with other teams and Fordway’s customers when required.
- Scoping of technical aspects of Fordway Service Operations.
- Assisting in the creation of standards for design, implementation and configuration of customer and Fordway solutions within the Service Operations arena.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and configuration of Fordway internal systems where applicable to the Service Operations environment.
- Comprehensive creation and updating of documentation for all Service Operations deliverables.
- Presentation of written or oral reports including proposal creation centered on the Service Operations function.
- Escalations from the Service Desk, provision of technical support to Fordway internal systems, Managed Services and customer transformation projects relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Design, plan and implement installations and removal of hardware and services from Fordway Datacentres.
- Supporting Fordway in technical pre-sales activities relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Monitoring the health and status of all components relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Managing and ensuring compliance of the Change Control procedures relating to the relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Definition and promotion of applicable process and procedures for the Service Operations environment.
- Supporting the on-call team by providing 24/7/365 cover for the Service Operations environment (rota based).
- Attendance of the Fordway Change Management meetings when required.
- Fordway Disaster Recovery and Fordway Managed Services Disaster Recovery implementer.
- On-site attendance at customer sites when required.
- Advising Fordway management team of any improvements to working practices or beneficial technical changes recommended to improve the performance, service resilience and cost effectiveness of the Service Operations environment.
- Identification and reporting of all security threats, vulnerabilities and breaches in accordance to Fordway security policies for the Service Operations function.
- Providing root cause and forensic analysis of security breaches in a confidential manner relating to the Service Operations environment.
- Providing advice and recommendations on security risk treatment and technical security controls relating to the Service Operations environment.
- At least one Certification or Qualification from Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, Juniper, VMware
- ITIL qualified
- 5 years+ experience in technical consultancy or Service Operations role in a client facing commercial organisation
- Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, storage, security and monitoring
- Excellent Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server 2012 experience
- Proven System Centre skills; (SCCM, SCVMM)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services/Group Policy/DNS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Hands-On Networking Cisco routing & switching and ASA
- Security best practice awareness (ISO quality standards)
- Knowledge of Service Desk systems
- Technical design and testing plan creation
- Monitoring solutions experience.
- Public Cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Windows Server 2016
- Commvault, Swivel 2FA, Load Balancing, Sophos UTM
- Hands-On Juniper experience
- Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment
- Solarwinds NPM/IPAM/NCM/Netflow
- Proven System Centre skills; (SCOM, SCSM)
- Dell Compellent Storage Systems
- Skype for Business
Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on, pro-active approach
- Sound documentation and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic Team player to learn new technologies and is self-motivated
- Good Report generation and statistical analysis experience
- Solid practice in ITIL environment processes
- Personal management skills with the ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Logical troubleshooting and problem solving skills with proven analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Fordway is looking for a Project Manager to accomplish project objectives by planning and executing project activities; evaluating and reporting on implementation and progress of projects.
- Responsibility for all aspects of a project from initiation, through to completion and handover to the client, including managing day-to-day aspects
- Writing up all agreed project documentation
- Submitting progress reports to stakeholders and senior managers
- Setting the standards and methodology to be used in a project
- Properly scoping a project and managing client expectations
- Agreeing project objectives
- Managing project budgets and project resources
- Communicating with all stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of a project
- Ensuring that all relevant processes are followed on projects
- Administering the allocation of jobs and budgets on a project
- Managing and motivating project personnel to achieve project objectives
- Regularly reviewing and analysing the project scope
- Identifying and managing project risks
- Negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Driving cross-functional project teams
Essential: Ability to demonstrate use of industry standard project management methodologies
Desirable: Degree (or equivalent experience)
ITIL Foundation qualified
Essential: 5 years+ experience in project management, with at least 3 years delivering IT infrastructure projects.
Desirable: Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles, documents and plans
- Good facilitation and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly gain the technical, behavioural and contextual elements of a project
- Aptitude to lead a team responsibly
- Awareness of commercial aspects to projects
- Understanding of the need for comprehensive support transition
- Awareness of, and exposure to ISO, G-Cloud and PSN standards and requirements
- Project reporting
- Strong drive and resilience
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence people at all levels
- Talent for delivering results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards
- A team player, comfortable working with other professionals
- Capacity to thrive in a dynamic and busy environment
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion in their work
Senior Network Consultant
Fordway is recruiting for a Senior Network Consultant, CCNP certified working towards CCIE.
The ideal candidate will have exposure to being in a technical consultancy role, ideally in a client facing commercial organisation. Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation, networking, authentication and security. Significant experience of all aspects of complex physical and virtual networking infrastructure in a multi-tenanted environment. Hands-on, pro-active approach to consultancy and support assistance. Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. Technical design and testing plan creation experience.
Essential Experience: Must have worked in complex environments using Cisco and Juniper infrastructure. Routing and Switching (Nexus/EX series), Firewall (5585/SRX series) with clustering, defining and planning technical strategy, standards, and future services roadmap.
In-depth knowledge of the following: Cisco (IOS, XE, XR, and NX-OS), Junos OS, deploying and maintaining WAN networks, managing WAN providers and installations, datacentre interconnects, IP telephony deployments, QoS, authentication methods including 2FA, AD, RADIUS and certificate-based authentication, security best practice awareness and investigation (including penetration testing method and network hardening, IPS / IDS, IPSEC and SSL VPNs), load balancing, network monitoring experience (Netflow/captures)
Desirable: Microsoft and VMware virtualisation stack, Software Defined Networking, ITIL, experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment, Public Cloud Azure\AWS, ISO, G-Cloud, HSCN and PSN standards, Cyber Essentials Plus
Note to Recruitment Agencies:
Please do not submit CVs to any person or email address at Fordway Solutions unless you have a signed agreement from our recruitment team.
Note to Individuals:
Any unsolicited CVs sent to us by individuals will be deemed as an application for employment and will be considered as such.
CVs may be forwarded to our recruitment team for their attention. Please note they may be kept for a maximum period of six months, in case a suitable vacancy arises.