Fordway succeeds through the skills, integrity and hard work of its staff.
Fordway has a strong team spirit and customer focused culture and we encourage all employees to contribute.
No agencies please.
Senior Network Engineer – Network Consultant
If you are a Senior Networking Engineer with Cisco Nexus / Cisco Firewalls skills, then we want to hear from you! We're looking for a Network Engineer with solid Cisco experience within a technical consultancy or network operations background to join our team. You will have a hands-on role within the Operations Team and will assist with defining and planning our technical strategy, standards, and our future services roadmap. The role will also include consultancy engagements across a broad range of customers. If you come from a Datacentre / Hosting /Consultancy environment, then this could be the right role for you!
The ideal candidate will have exposure to being in a technical consultancy role, ideally in a client facing commercial organisation and have experience of technical environments – data centre hosting, virtualisation, networking, authentication and security. Significant experience of all aspects of complex physical and virtual networking infrastructure in a multi-tenanted environment. You will take a hands-on, pro-active approach to consultancy and support assistance and have excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. You'll also have technical design and testing plan creation experience. If you’ve worked in a previous customer-facing role with an IT Solutions provider or Managed Services or Service Provider then please send us your CV directly.
Essential Experience: Must have worked in a Multi-Tenanted environment using Cisco Nexus switches (VRF) and Cisco ASA 5585-X clustering with virtual contexts.
In-depth knowledge of the following: CCNP, IP telephony deployments – vendor not important but need to have provisioned networks for IPT deployments, Datacentre Interconnects, Deploying and maintaining WAN networks – IP and Ethernet WANs, Managing WAN providers and installations, Authentication methods, including 2FA, AD, RADIUS and certificate-based authentication, Security best practice awareness and investigation (including penetration testing method and network hardening, IPS / IDS, IPSEC and SSL VPNs), Load balancing, Firewall.
Desirable: Junos, SDN, PRINCE2 Foundation qualified, ITIL qualified, Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment, Solarwinds experience, Public Cloud Azure\AWS, ISO, G-Cloud and PSN standards and requirements.
Competitive Salary + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
If you are a security consultant with operational, strategic and hands on experience in a multi-tenanted environment, then we'd be very interested in speaking with you! We are looking for a security consultant/architect with a proven track record within a technical consultancy or operations background to join our team. You will be happy in both a hands-on role within an Operations Team as well as assisting with defining, designing and planning security strategy, standards, and future services roadmaps. The role will also include consultancy engagements across a broad range of customers.
In-depth knowledge of the following:
- Experience of Identity & Access Management, Security Monitoring, Cloud security and other Industry common security tools
- Expert knowledge of Data Protection Act (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Compliance and/or certification for security standards such as ISO 27001, G-Cloud Frameworks, Cyber Essentials, PCI, PSN, NHS and other commercial and Government security standards
- Authentication methods, including 2FA, AD, RADIUS and certificate-based authentication
- Security best practice awareness and investigation (including penetration testing method and network hardening, IPS / IDS, IPSEC and SSL VPNs)
- Hyper-V, Windows server, Cisco reference architecture, Firewalls • Ability to assess and quantify security risks in line with CVSS and recommend appropriate treatment
- ITIL qualified, Experience in a commercial IT Solutions provider or Managed Services environment, GPG13, SIEM, COBIT 5, Solarwinds, SecureWorks, Public Cloud Azure\AWS
The ideal candidate will have exposure to being in a technical role, ideally in a client facing commercial organisation. Experience of technical environments – Data centre hosting, virtualisation, networking, authentication and security. Significant experience of all aspects of complex physical and virtual networking infrastructure in a multi-tenanted environment. Hands-on, pro-active approach with excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills. If you’ve worked in a previous customer-facing role with an IT Solutions provider or Managed Services or Service Provider then apply NOW for this Security Consultant opportunity.
Competitive Salary + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
New Business Field Sales Executive
Fordway is looking for a New Business Field Sales Executive with a proven track sales record in Managed Cloud Services, IT infrastructure projects and IT consultancy services, to sell its products and services within the local government sector.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 3 years’ field sales experience within the IT industry
- Previous experience of the local government sector, including responsibility for responding to formal tenders
- Have a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales target in end-user sales
- Work in a new business capacity, developing new customers from previous relationships or from prospecting
- Successfully articulate to customers the advantages of adopting cloud services, IT transformation projects and/or professional services engagements
- Recommend appropriate technological alternatives/process/resource improvements to the customer/customer’s IT management
- Provide high-level specialised technical insight and consultation to customers’ business and IT management teams
Competitive salary + car allowance + commission scheme + excellent benefits
Service Continuity Analyst Role
(providing out of hours support)
Fordway is looking for a Service Continuity Analyst to join its Service Continuity team, providing technical expertise, support for and management of Fordway’s managed service environments. The team provides manned out of
hours support for clients (19.00 - 07.00 weekdays, plus weekend and public holiday cover). The Service Continuity Team also undertakes essential maintenance, patching and upgrades to support Fordway’s Managed Cloud
- Providing technical support and 24x7 monitoring for Fordway Managed Cloud environments and customers on an out of office hours rota (typically 12 hour shifts)
- Daily handover of incidents and general task progress
- Updating progress and results of agreed changes / patching delivered within Fordway Managed Services/hosting infrastructure by Service Continuity team
- Ensuring updates provided for configuration information within Fordway and Fordway Managed Services/hosting infrastructure where changes made by Service Continuity team
- Ensuring updates for release management within Fordway and Fordway Managed Services/hosting infrastructure where releases delivered by Service Continuity team
- Assist in definition, implementation and maintenance of efficient and effective service continuity processes, procedures and documentation
- Ensuring SLAs and OLAs are managed and met
- Identifying areas for Service Continuity team improvement (continual improvement)
- To assist the Fordway Project/Consultancy and Service Operations teams to ensure service transition activities are followed
- To ensure compliance to relevant security controls and procedures (i.e. ISO27001)
Experience in service delivery in an SLA based environment
Experience of resource management
Service Management systems use – ticketing systems
Security best practice awareness
Technical appreciation of IT environments including sound working knowledge of;
- System Center suite – particularly SCCM, SCOM and SCVMM
- Hyper-V and VMWare
- Monitoring tools – Solarwinds
- Storage technologies
- Cisco networking technologies
- Blade server technology
Server patching experience using automated tools for deployment and implementation
Proven skills in managing, supporting and maintaining Microsoft based infrastructure
Competitive salary + excellent benefits